Tender golden brown Paula Deen聽Corn Casserole聽is the perfect easy side dish. You are going to love this classic southern comfort food, it’s always the first to go at potlucks!聽
Paula Deen Corn Casserole
Corn casserole is one of my favorite Thanksgiving sides. It’s also one of my go-to potluck recipes.聽It’s a tender, buttery mix of corn and cornbread mix. It only takes minutes to prep and everybody goes crazy over it. If you bring this to a dinner or potluck, you may want to print out a few copies of the recipe, I always have somebody ask for it!聽Several years ago I added this to our Thanksgiving menu, and it is the easiest dish to throw together. I also serve this at Christmas and Easter because I love how it pairs with ham.
This corn casserole recipe is adapted from Paula Deen’s Corn Casserole. I love Paula Deen’s recipe and over the years have changed it up just a little. I like it in a deeper baking dish and without the cheese on top. I love cheese, but with this dish, I prefer to leave it off. I think it’s easier to serve and reheat this way.
How to Make Corn Casserole
Let me show you how easy Corn Casserole is to make.
- Start by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl. This is seriously going to take you less than five minutes.
- Transfer the ingredients to a baking dish and bake at 350 for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. 聽Mine took a little over an hour because I was using a heavier baking dish.
- If you are using a glass dish or a metal pan, it will cook a bit quicker.
- The top should be a light golden brown and spring back lightly when touched.
Can I make this Corn Casserole ahead?
Yes! If you are prepping for a holiday, this is one of the easiest sides to make ahead. 聽You can mix up the ingredients and refrigerate to bake later. Keep the batter tightly covered and bring to room temperature before baking.
You can also bake ahead to save time and oven space on big holidays. This corn casserole is incredibly moist, so it reheats so well in the microwave. I always make this the night before Thanksgiving and reheat in the microwave right before serving.
What to serve with Paula Deen Corn Casserole:
Corn Casserole Recipe
- 1 15.25 oz can of whole kernel sweet corn drained
- 1 14.75 oz can of cream style sweet corn
- 1 8.5 oz box of Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 2 or 2.25 quart casserole dish with non stick cooking spray.
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix just until combined. Don't forget to drain the whole kernel corn!
Transfer to casserole dish and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes until top is a light golden brown.
You can also bake this corn casserole in a 9x13 baking dish. I use a 9x13 pan for serving a bigger crowd. It's technically the same amount, but people tend to take smaller scoops from the bigger dish so it will serve more.聽
5 Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights
My five FAVORITE recipes for busy families!
- Quick to make
- Light on your budget
- Easy to clean-up
- and...most important...absolutely DELICIOUS